Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about dancing in the rain.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our First Ultra Sound at 16 weeks!




We had our first ultra sound on April 28th in California. Dr. Parsons would not do our ultrasound until 20 weeks so when I went to Chico for my usual visit, I decided to go to Paradise Ultrasound to get a sneek peek! It really was alot of fun. The only bummer part was that Sam was not with me. He was in Idaho, so we had to improvise! So we went thru the whole ultra sound and when she asked if I wanted to know what it was, we had her take a picture and seal it in an envelope so I could not see what it was. The plan was that I would wait a few days to open the envelope when I got back to Idaho. But when I called Sam later that day, he was soo excited that I opened the envelope in the car and we shared the news over the phone. There is kind of a funny thing that happened though while we were on the phone. We were so excited about talking about the envelope that I forgot that Chico has a no cell phone law while ou are driving. Well before I knew it, there were flashing lights! I was actually getting pulled over for talking on the phone!!! It was a bitter sweet moment. The shock that I felt when I opened the envelope was unreal. I was soo certain that we were going to be having a girl, that I had not even considered the possibility that we could have a boy. I have a client named Sherri that actually predicted that we would be having twin girls. She has predicted the sex of babies for years and had never been wrong, so I could not wait to tell her the news!

1 comment:

Jennifer Lucita said...

Did they really give you a ticket? I hope you got out of it! I remember this visit and was so happy Jamie & I got to share in the excitement!